A lot of people are looking for exotic pets to make them stand out from other pet owners. With a variety of animals, reptiles and even insects to choose from, you’ll probably find it difficult to make a choice. One of the most unusual choices for a pet would be a Chinchilla. Not everything would have this in mind for an excellent choice, but of course we are all diverse individuals with unique quirks. These furry rodents are considered to be fun loving and can provide you with a lot of amusement. If you happen to be a nocturnal person, you’ll definitely enjoy having a Chinchilla as a pet.
Below are 5 reasons why they’d make for a good pick for your pet needs:
1. Inexpensive in terms of feeding – Of course, a lot of people nowadays have started to consider the state of the economy more so than ever. This would mean that they’d want to actually save up on expenses. This is also applicable to animals which we’d love to look after and feed. With a chinchilla, all you need is fresh water, a nice and clean cage, some pellets, a dust bath and timothy.
2. Beneficial for owners with allergies – A lot of people easily get nasally irritated or succumb to some allergy attacks when it comes to other animals. However, with a chinchilla, you won’t be experiencing anything of the sort. This makes them a good choice for house pets.
3. No parasites – With dogs and cats, you have to constantly watch out for ticks and fleas. However, the fur coats of Chinchillas are quite thick. This makes it difficult for tiny organisms such as parasites to burrow through. These make these lovable rodents safe for your health.
4. Rare cases of illness – As long as you provide proper care for your pet Chinchilla, you won’t even experience any situations of them getting sick. Despite male rodents getting fur rings every now and then, or some fur fungus in both sexes, you won’t have a lot to worry about.
5. Cute and cuddly – Chinchillas are exotic pets which are truly adorable to have. Each one has its own personality. You can even find a few who are happy, grumpy, nutty and wild. If you have a few more you’d like to add for pet care, you would definitely have a lot of fun having them around in your safekeeping.